Thursday, August 6, 2009

Just a few gems that my students have recently produced. One from the infamous Greg, who deftly penned the pirate anecdote, and one is from Jina, probably the sweetest child in Korea. She consistently doesn't do her homework and pretty much the only reason she gets away with it is because she smiles at me.

A journal entry about what Greg has seen in the news:

I saw news. A world highest money watch were 2300000000 doller. I can't believe it. There are stopwatch timer. I wan't to bye it. But I don't have money like that.

I looked up at news. A adult is 51 cm. I saw it's real!!! It's real! He is 4.5 kg. Doctor look and said brain broke so his too short. He liked to sing and dance. I has amazing to see that.

And now a paragraph from Jina, the assignment was to write about someone who is helpful to you:

My helpful Person is Mrs. Megan. She have some earrings on her ears. Also she have long brown and black hairs. She have some freckles on her face. She have some brown eyes. She is from south Amarica. She is our english teacher. Mrs. Megan is strong. She has curly hair too. She is kind teacher and she is pretty and she is very cleaver person. I like her a lot!!!

In other news, I've been spending quite a bit of time on the football pitch. I've been having some dreams in English accents because everyone I play with is British. I finally scored twice last night in the season ending game of our Wednesday night league. Everyone I play with says "fellas" and "lads" and a few have now started calling me "fellette" and "ladette." Happy to be included says I. Although I love playing and I'm playing at every chance I get, it's been really challenging to hold my own out there. Reasons include but are not limited to the facts that: I haven't played regularly in ages, I'm the only girl on my team and everyone else is a few years older, stronger, faster and male. Nonetheless, I'm pretty sure I'd qualify as clinically insane if I didn't have this healthy release of stress.

I have also decided for my week of vacation at the end of August to visit a ladyfriend, Kathy, who is teaching English at a small school in Kumamoto, Japan. There is a ferry that goes from Busan (at the southern tip of Korea) to Fukuoka which is pretty close to her. Cost effective and hey, who doesn't like ferries?

Apologies for the scant post, but to all, I love you and miss you.

1 comment:

  1. I just found your post today!!! I cannot believe I had to wait 15 days to read your "wonderfulness"!!!!
    Hope you are enjoying your vacation.
    God Bless, Pam

    ReplyDelete